Ridesharing companies have significantly improved their offers since the services first started to appear. Right now, Lyft is one of the ridesharing industry leaders, and, just like its competition, implements various solutions to make traveling easier for you. Whether you change your mind during a ride and want to go to another destination, you wish to share the car with your friends and add multiple stops, or make a round trip, Lyft allows you to adjust your ride to your needs.
In this article, you will find all the answers concerning multiple stops/destinations, and round trip features offered by Lyft.
How to Add Multiple Stops to Your Lyft Trip/Request Multiple Destinations?
Whether you want to drop off another person, pick up some food on your way to the party, or run another urgent errand, Lyft enables you to take full control of your ride, plan the route and add a stop during your journey. However, with Lyft, you can add only one more stop. Plus, you need to remember to keep in under 10 minutes to respect the time of your Lyft driver; otherwise, you may be asked to get another ride.
How to Add a Stop on Lyft?
- Open the Lyft app and log into your account, if you aren’t logged automatically.
- Add the address of your final destination (you can do it either manually or by enabling the app to locate you).
- Tap the ‘+’ symbol next to the ‘End’ destination box.
- You will see a ‘via’ box where you need to add the address of your stop.
- Enter the final destination and see your options. Tap ‘Request Lyft’ when you find the most beneficial ride for you.
Bear in mind that, apart from the standard rate, Lyft may charge you per minute or mile, so if you add a stop to your trip, the fare will increase. Many drivers won’t wait more than several minutes, as their per minute rate is lower than the normal one.
If you want to remove a stop, you need to open the app during your ride, click on the one you want to get rid of, and click ‘Remove the stop.’
Can You Add a Stop During a Trip?
Yes. You can add a stop either before or during your trip, using your Lyft app. You can also change or remove the previously added stop. To do this, click ‘Edit Ride’ first – the next steps are the same as those mentioned above.
How to Make a Round Trip in Lyft?
If you want to go to a specific destination for a quick errand, you can order a round trip, which is usually cheaper than ordering two separate rides. However, you need to be sure that your stop won’t take more than 10 minutes, or you won’t save any money, and you will waste your driver’s time; some drivers simply won’t wait for you at all.
- Open the Lyft app and enter the location you need to go to.
- Click on the address bar at the top of the screen.
- Tap the ‘+’ symbol and add your home as a stop (or whatever location you start from).
- Click ‘Rearrange’ and arrange the addresses as follows: Pickup location -> Errand location -> Home address.
Multiple stops and round trips are possible when you’re using the Lyft app, and it is pretty easy to add them. However, you need to remember the Lyft etiquette to avoid negative feedback in your user profile and respect your driver’s time and money. There’s no maximum waiting time imposed by Lyft, so you need to agree on that with your driver.
Leave A Comment