When you click on a link to the companies on this site and sign up with them, this can result in this site earning a commission.
Today’s society moves fast. People are busy and don’t have enough time for all those extra tasks. Because of that, food delivery services are currently on the rise.
Thanks to its convenience, food deliveries are now part of many people’s lifestyles. With that, let’s answer some questions about the service. What delivery app has the cheapest delivery fees, and who offers a quality service at a reasonable price? Let’s all find out the answers.
Consumers have tons of options regarding food delivery services. Several of these apps offer tons of value in terms of perks in saving their customers time and money.
What Is the Cheapest Delivery App Available?
There are many food delivery apps available these days, and it might be hard to pick one from the others. However, to ensure you get the most savings every time you decide on a food delivery service, it is best to consider a few pointers.
The first thing is the popularity of the delivery app. Think about why people use this service and figure out their recipe for success. With that in mind, here are a couple of favorite food delivery apps in the market that offer low prices for their customers.
DoorDash is one of the leaders in the food delivery industry. It has one of the most significant audience shares, and people consider DoorDash as their primary means of getting food directly to their front door. It also has great deals with its delivery fees.
Many people consider DoorDash to be the best food delivery app on the market. They say it is also one of the cheapest food delivery service providers. Here are the things you need to know about DoorDash and how their system works.
- Customers can access the DoorDash food delivery app or use their web application. From there, customers can browse multiple restaurants available within their area and create orders using the platform.
- As of 2020, DoorDash holds almost 45% of the market share, one of the biggest within the delivery apps category.
- Customers can expect rates ranging from $1.99 to $5.99. This is different from the standard commission fee based on most delivery services’ percentages.
- DoorDash charges consumers a surcharge fee for deliveries within busy delivery hours.
- There’s no minimum amount per order within the platform, but customers might need to settle for a delivery fee to order less than $10. Free delivery is available for orders that exceed $15.
- Discount lovers like this platform because you can save as much as 30% off your order.
DoorDash is an excellent avenue for earning tons of discounts from local restaurants. This is perfect for people who want to save time preparing food.
Grubhub is another strong contender for the cheapest food delivery app in the market. They offer competitive prices with their food delivery service. Here are some of the things you need to know about the platform.
- Grubhub connects its customers to the extensive network of nearby restaurants available on their platform. Customers can pay for their orders online or with cash.
- The platform had a larger market in previous years. Now, Grubhub holds around 20% market share as of 2020.
- Grubhub delivery fee for most orders is $7. However, Grubhub+ customers can pay a monthly subscription cost of $9.99 in exchange for free delivery deals from participating food chains and restaurants within their platform.
- Grubhub isn’t a fan of surge pricing during peak hours, unlike most food delivery services. Because of this, it has the potential to be the cheapest food delivery option, especially during peak hours.
- Grubhub customers can enjoy food deliveries without worrying about the minimum order amount.
- The food ordering platform offers tons of special promotions such as free delivery or even a free trial of their premium Grubhub+ food delivery service for a specific set of times.
A thrifty person will fall in love with Grubhub, especially during rush hours, for that quick and effortless food ordering experience.
Uber is known worldwide for its ridesharing platform, but it is also making a significant impact in the food delivery sector, thanks to Uber Eats.
- Uber Eats is a food delivery platform under the umbrella of Uber. Because of this, it offers a lot of flexibility for their drivers to either engage in food delivery or opt for their ridesharing services.
- As of 2020, Uber Eats holds around 22% of market shares within the food delivery apps.
- The platform charges a delivery fee of $3.99, and customers may see service fees ranging from $1 to $4 per order.
- Thanks to the surge pricing Uber has, consumers might need to consider extra costs in your delivery fees during peak hours.
- Luckily, Uber Eats customers can enjoy anything that satisfies their craving without worrying about the minimum order amount.
- Uber Eats offers exciting promo codes that cut a specific dollar amount off your order. You can also enjoy percentage discounts and other exclusive deals with participating stores.
People using Uber for ridesharing can utilize Uber Eats within the same platform. That means you don’t have to worry about downloading another app on your mobile device.
Fans of local restaurants find Postmates as their ideal solution for their food cravings. Here are some of the things you need to know about the platform.
- Postmates offers its services in over 100 major cities and metro areas.
- The platform holds around 4% of the market share as of the summer of 2021.
- Customers can enjoy a plate of their favorite dish for a flat fee. Postmates partner restaurants have a $3.99 charge, while non-partner shops cost $5.99 for their delivery fee.
- Postmates uses their version of surge pricing called blitz pricing. That means you’ll have to shell out extra for orders during peak hours.
- Postmates doesn’t have a minimum order requirement like most delivery app services. However, they charge $1.99 for a small order fee.
- Customers can enjoy $10 to $25 off from food deliveries using their app.
Postmates’ market share might be small, but they offer good service to their patrons. On top of that, their platform connects their customers to local restaurants within their area without that premium cost.
Some people love exquisite dining experiences in the comfort of home. That’s precisely why you need Caviar.
- Caviar set itself apart from other food delivery services with its target users. The platform offers first-rate delivery offers from higher-end restaurants, unlike other services focusing on typical food selection from regular food shops.
- Caviar received around 2% market share as of 2018.
- Caviar’s customers may pay from $1.99 to $8.99 in delivery fees. The delivery fee depends on your city and the distance between the delivery address and the restaurant.
- Consumers can enjoy high-quality food without worrying about the minimum order requirement. However, most food selections within the platform have premium price tags.
- Occasionally, Caviar customers can enjoy promotions, including exclusive deals and free delivery fee options.
Caviar is an excellent platform for people who like high-end restaurants.
These delivery platforms follow the same structures – deliver food right at our doorstep. However, each one of them is built to cater to specific people. Each food delivery app has its pros, making them unique, but they also have cons.
Why Do We Need to Pay for Food Delivery?
Many people think that food delivery charges a considerable amount compared to their actual food order. However, there are things you need to consider about food delivery fees.
Food delivery service providers need to pay their delivery riders for their effort, and they get their funds through the platform’s delivery fee. On top of that, the platform has to make a profit to keep things running smoothly. These companies also use this to improve their platform to serve their customer needs.
From a customer’s standpoint, we have to agree that these food delivery apps provide convenience and save our time ordering and sending the food to our homes. It means you typically pay for the convenience rather than putting your expensive time and effort into picking up your dish.
How to Save Money From Food Delivery Services
Saving money is a huge deal for everyone. Who doesn’t want to save precious bucks, right? If you’re a big fan of food delivery and you often get your dishes from your local restaurants, it might be time to consider a food delivery subscription.
Many food delivery apps offer a particular program for a fixed amount of money. In return, you can enjoy exclusive in-app deals such as free delivery options for qualifying offers. With this kind of deal, you can always enjoy as much food as you can get without the additional cost.
Most food delivery subscription costs are around $10. If you consider a typical delivery fee of about $3 to $4, you can get value for your money after just two or three orders from your food delivery app. This is also useful if your home is a significant distance from restaurants within your area.
On top of that, subscriptions give exclusive discounts to their customers. 10% or 20% discount may not sound like a lot, but that additional savings can add up in the long run.
However, food delivery subscriptions are not recommended for people who don’t often use this service. If your household only orders once or twice a month, it makes sense to pay for the regular delivery fee instead of paying the total price of a monthly subscription. You can save a few dollars from your food delivery expense with these tips.