This post contains affiliate links that HyreCar may receive a commission for referring you to them.
There are over five million people driving with Uber in the United States. Some drivers use other companies’ apps or other on-demand platforms like Shipt, Postmates, DoorDash, Amazon Flex, and Instacart. That’s a lot of drivers! Why is driving with Uber or any of these other companies a great way to earn extra income?
- You make your own schedule. Drive as much as you want, whenever you want.
- The rates you can earn can vary depending on the time of day, gratuities, surge pricing, incentives, and even the city you drive in.
- You’re out of the house, meeting people, exploring new neighborhoods, and not stuck behind a desk all day.
- Pretty much anything you buy that relates to your driving may be tax-deductible. For a list of possible rideshare or delivery driving business expenses click HERE.
- Once you start driving with Uber or other gig services, you’ll probably want to make as much income as possible. Check out our blog post “3 Simple Ways Maximize Your Rideshare Income” for a few easy ways to help increase your income.
So, what do you need to become a rideshare driver or a delivery driver? Well, it’s good to have a cheery attitude, a strong work ethic, and a desire to help people. But the one thing you absolutely need is a good quality, reliable car. What if you don’t have access to a car? Will your dream of driving with Uber or other gig services come true?
Yes, thanks to HyreCar.
WHAT IS HYRECAR?
HyreCar is a carsharing marketplace that helps local car owners in all 50 states rent their personal vehicles to drivers who drive with Uber and other delivery gigs. This way, car owners earn extra income from renting a car they don’t use very much to rideshare drivers. At the same time, a driver who wants to use one of the various rideshare platforms can affordably rent a car in order to earn extra income. It’s a win-win for everyone.
- If you’re a car owner with a quality vehicle that you don’t use very much, learn how to list it with HyreCar by clicking HERE.
- If your car needs a little sprucing up to make it ready for renting, we have some affordable tips for you. Click HERE.
If you’re a rideshare driver in need of a car, start the process of renting a vehicle through HyreCar by clicking HERE.
Let’s take a look at what you need to do to get renting with HyreCar.
Things to Know
Here are some reasons why HyreCar is one of the leading online car marketplaces to rent from:
- We offer a no long term contract, commitment-free rental experience. Just try us out for a two-day minimum and extend your rental by the day, week, or month. If you decide you don’t need the car anymore, simply contact the owner and coordinate the drop-off time.
- If you’ve wondered, “Do I need rideshare insurance?“ the answer is, yes. You need special coverage that some major insurance companies don’t offer. That’s why HyreCar insurance coverage is included with every rental.
- We have tons of cars to choose from, from all kinds of makes and models. This gives you options to explore when driving with different options like Uber or other gig services.
- Our rentals can be more affordable because car owners compete against each other for your business. This keeps rental fees at an economical level. And most of our owners don’t set any mileage caps on the use of their cars, so you can work longer shifts without incurring any extra charges.
- To start the fast and easy renting process, head over to our online marketplace. We can usually get you behind the wheel of a quality car within 24 hours.
Sign up with HyreCar and find your perfect rideshare or delivery car.
The Step-By-Step Process of Renting a Car Through Us:
Here’s how easy it is to find and rent a great car from HyreCar.
Step 1: Find a Car that You Like
- Visit HyreCar.com or download the HyreCar App and check out all the available vehicles in our online marketplace. See a car you like? Click “Book Now” to start the rental process. Then you’ll input the dates (two-day minimum) that you’ll need the car. You can always extend the rental period by within the app.
- We recommend booking 3-5 cars. This increases your chances of getting the car you want, just in case some of your other choices become unavailable. Don’t worry, you’re only charged for the car that you are approved to drive from the owner.
Step 2: Background Check, Deposit, and Required Documents
- Once you decide on a car, you’ll fill out your payment information. Any driver renting in Arizona, California, Maryland, New York and Nevada will be charged a refundable $99 deposit.
- After your rental booking is confirmed, HyreCar runs a quick background check. This is for new drivers only and normally only takes a few minutes.
- Once the car owner has approved your application, HyreCar will send you three documents that you’re required to upload to your Uber and/or other gig service accounts: vehicle registration, the vehicle’s 19-point inspection report, and your rideshare/delivery insurance.
- Your insurance will be sent to you 24 hours before you’re scheduled to pick up your rental vehicle.
- Before you pickup the vehicle, we highly recommend that you sign up and get approved with the rideshare or delivery gigs you plan to work with. This way you can start earning as soon as you get the keys!
Step 3: Pick up your car
- Make sure you have your documents uploaded and verified by Uber or other gig services prior to picking up the vehicle. That way you can start making money as soon as you pick up the car from the owner.
- Get in touch with the car owner to arrange a time and place to pick up the car. It’s a good idea to do a thorough inspection of the vehicle before you drive off, just to make sure there are no major dings, scrapes, or other kinds of interior/exterior damage that wasn’t revealed in the photos of the car. If you do find some damage, take pictures so both you and the owner know that the issue was there when you picked up the car.
- Now open the Uber app or the app other gig services you’re signed up with and start making money!
Step 4: Extending your Rental Time or Returning your Car
You’ve got two options when your rental time is up – either extend your rental or return it.
Extending the rental is a piece of cake.
- Just go to your current rental in the HyreCar app and click the “extend” button. You can choose a daily, weekly, or monthly rental extension. It’s totally up to you. Your insurance gets automatically extended for the amount of time you select, so you can concentrate on making money!
If you don’t want to renew and return the car, you’ll need to arrange a drop off time with the car owner. The owner will do a walk-around inspection of the vehicle. If everything looks OK, they’ll click “confirm drop-off” from their dashboard on our website.
NOTE: Make sure the owner does this or else you might be charged unnecessary late fees.
Click HERE to get signed up with HyreCar and find your perfect car for rideshare or delivery gigs.
Waiting for a car
We would love to help you get on the road! Please visit https://app.www.hyrecar.com/offers to create an account and then you will be able to begin booking a vehicle. If you have any questions or need any assistance after creating an account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (213) 269-5330.
What if I don’t have the funds on me right at the moment does that mean I can’t rent a car or apply for the job?
Hi Robert! Rental costs are due up front but you can always extend as you earn driving with Uber/Lyft. Thank you for asking!
I have the money to rent a car to see if it works for me but not the deposit can you help me to rent a car??
Hello! Please call 8886886769!
Am I allowed to use the car for personal reasons?
Due to insurance purposes, you must be a ridesharing driver and have an active account. If you intend on driving for a rideshare company and use it for personal use as well then that is completely fine.
Am I allowed to deliver food from companies like UberEats, etc?
Hi Lois! Of course, you can rent one of our vehicles to deliver food with services such as Postmates, UberEats or Grubhub.
How Much To Pay Up Front?
Hello! You can get started for right around $100!
I am a Proud UBER DRIVER in need of a car so U may return to my forfilling job as an UBER driver!!! Prior to my present circumstances, I was driving for a company by the name UL car rentals. I love the owner and his idea to bring ride sharring to New Mexico where there are hardly any Ride Sharring Companies! There were insurance issues the company was facing and unfortunatly it is tempary out of business. I had to return the 2010 Mecury Millian I was driving for UBER. Since then I have asperations for Ride Sharring to make its way to Albuquerque, NM. I would be more than willing to help in any way that I can. I would really like to have your vehicle to Ranch as I drive Uber doing what I love and making the world a better place!!! If you would please I’m kind of get back to me I would greatly appreciate it!! I would say that this is about my third message to hire car trying to get through so that I can have a vehicle to drive Uber to make a living and also support my family!
Hi Raymond! We can definitely help you. Please visit https://app.www.hyrecar.com/offers to create an account and then you will be able to begin searching for a vehicle in your specific area. If you have any questions or need any assistance after creating an account, please email email@example.com or give us a call at (213) 269-5330.
Hi Raymond, we would love to help you get on the road! Please visit https://app.www.hyrecar.com/offers to create an account and then you will be able to begin searching for a vehicle in your specific area. If you have any questions or need any assistance after creating an account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (213) 269-5330.
Can i use car to commute to my main job as well as drive ride share or any other relevant personal use?
Hello James, yes you can. The vehicles are insured for work and personal use!
How old do you need to be to rent a car from you?
Hello Pam, you have to be at least 21 to rent with Hyrecar!
Hello, I have signed up but have emailed several questions but havent heard back yet. I drive primarily for Zum and also for Uber/Ubereats, lyft and Doordash. Zum is where I got the Hyrecar suggestion from along with 2 other rental names. I want to confirm before I rent that the insurance fully covers the vehicle on the zum platform and that my name appears on the insurance doc. This is a Zum requirement. I also need to know what the insurance deductible is for that coverage.
I need to get back on the road asap. I also tried calling the number and g*t a busy signal.
Thanks for your time.
Hello, your name does appear on the insurance document you receive from us. Did you still need a call or help?
If both me and my girlfriend are active drivers, can we both use the same car during the rental period?
Hello and good question. Unfortunately, only one name can be on the insurance at the same time.
Do you all hold the car payments , or I’m I responsible for making the car payment.
Hello! You do make the payments on your oww in the app.
Am I paying for the car daily or weekly? What’s the rate amount?
Hello, you can pay daily or weekly. On average it is about $300 per week with insurance, fees, and documents included.
Who takes care of the gas expenses?
Hello! The gas is the drivers’ responsibility.
Hyrecar Rideshare Cars or in FORT WORTH TX
Hello! yes we are operational in Forth Worthh, Tx!
Does hyrecar work for lyft in Las Vegas nv?
Yes! Check out how it works: https://www.hyrecar.com/howitworks
Can you rent only for uber eats/postmates?
You can rent for any gig service including, Uber, Lyft, Postmates, DoorDash, or Grubhub.
Who is responsible for the maintenance and vehicle repairs?
Helllo! The vehicle owner is responsible for maintenance and repairs.
Hi is hyre car in Champaign il.
We do operate in the Chicago area and the surrounding neighborhoods. You can download the hyrecar app or visit hyrecar.com to see if we have vehicles in your location.
Can I rent from an owner in another state?
Hello! yes, you can rent from another state as long as you have proof of residency.
Hello am I able to rent with a learners permit
Hi Anita, you will not be able to rent or drive for Uber with a learner’s permit.
I’m trying to cancel my car I rented how soon will the money go back to my account even though I didn’t pick up the car
Why is it taking almost 2 weeks for my background check to come back with hyrecar
Due to unexpected reasons background checks can take longer than the standard 24-48 hours. You should receive an email from the background check service if they might need more information.
Hello I have a question!!!
If I rent the car with for 3 days they told me that I have a limit of 160 miles that I can use for each day n I just use 100 miles in one day what happened with the 60 miles remaining ? Can I used the next day if that day I make more them 160 miles
Great question Anthony. If you rent a car for 3 days and they allow 160 miles per day you are allowed to drive 480 miles for the 3 days. Unless otherwise noted between you and the owner you can use those 480 miles between the 3 days as you see fit.
Do you pay for the rental up front and the deposit? Or only the deposit? I saw the minimum is 2 days so do I pay the 2 days upfront or how does that work? Also, how does the inspection work since all vehicles have to pass the inspection prior to getting on the Lyft or Uber platform?
Hi Nikki, You do have to pay for the rental upfront, but the rental comes with the inspection forms, registration and insurance for you to upload to the Uber and Lyft platform.
What if my car breaks down in Hollywood and im stuck out here? Who do i contact
Hello, we have a dedicated 24/7 support team at 8886886769. Check out more FAQ’s here: https://support.www.hyrecar.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000846767-Drivers?mobile_site=false
Do you guys lease black suvs also with fleet companies. Thank you
Hello Warren, yes we do, however it will depend on what is specifically available where you are located, since we have a large open market. Check out https://app.www.hyrecar.com to view available cars near you!
is there something like this avail in the DC area?
Yes, we do operate there and have vehicles in DC. What type of car were you looking for? You can check through this link for all available options: https://app.www.hyrecar.com
Am I able to share the rental with another Uber driver where I drive days & the other part drives nights? I’m on Long Island, NY. Am I able to obtain a car?
No I’m sorry we don’t allow for two people to drive the same car.
If the car is posted at a rate of $40 per day, is there any other fees on top of that?
Hello! Yes, the service charge ranges from 15%-25% depending on which plan you choose.
What are the total amount of money needed to start as a driver?
Do I need to be approved first as a driver for Uber or lift?, Do they approve driver who does not have a car?
Hello, you need at least $200 to start and you can apply for Uber and Lyft with us as well.
When I extend, is a new deposit due or is the same one held?
The Same deposit will be held.
I dont have account with any rideshare company, can i still get car from HyreCar for my personal use?
Good, morning Ali,
I would like to r eff nt a car for one month and it gives me a total of $1600. Does that need to be paid upfront or how does that work?
Yes – the amount will be due up front prior to picking up the vehicle.
Hello, I’m 19 years old. Can I rent a car, I want to buy I need the minimum of age to rent a car please can you help?
Hi there, Our minimum age to rent is 21+
Can you rent our a car that is wrapped with a companies logo?
You could, some companies do not fully approve of that, but others don’t mind.
I only want to do deliveries starting off. Do I need more than the $200 deposit and if there are additional fees, with the obvious exception of have to pay to rent the vehicle, to get into a car, what am I paying up front relative to your fees?
You will need the deposit and total rental amount upfront.
Can these vehicles be used to drive for Amazon Flex and Instacart? I drive for both apps.
Yes the can!
Is the deposit due each time I make a reservation? Or is it a one time expense? Also is the deposit refundable?
It is for each reservation.
as someone looking to rent my car on this platform, are they also allowed to be fully/partially wrapped with adevertisement?
Wrapped vehicles are allowed on some services. Though it could affect how often your car can be rented out.
Hi my name is Jacklyn and I’m about to rent out a car with the down deposit . Do I get my refund the next day or how does that work? And if it’s late on the rental and I drop it off do I still get that refund from the deposit ?
The deposit is refunded at the end of the rental if nothing is wrong. If your rental is late the deposit may not be returned
Can you rent more then one car at a time
Okay, so I’m moving out of the country and want to rent out my car while I’m gone. Do you have a management service that could take care of the drop-off/pick-ups ?
since i was not informed i had to call hyre car DURING my first rental to get the then $100 gift card, is there any more promos you guys are running? for other than first time renters since i didn’t contact hyre car until after the rental was complete
Hello! Yes, there are always new promos. Check out hyrecar.com/support to view the most recent promos.
I want to just rent for personal reasons. I am not wanting to use it for deliveries. How can I sign up for just that?
Unfortunately to rent with us you do need to use the car primarily for work purposes.
Unfortunately, to rent with us you do need to use the car primarily for work purposes.
Can you rent with a Debit card ?
Hi Patrion, yes you can, as long as it is not a prepaid card.