Are you looking to start driving with a ridesharing company like Uber, but don’t have a car to use? That’s a problem that we have a solution to. With HyreCar we make it extremely easy to rent a car for rideshare and delivery gigs and start driving right away.
Note: if you haven’t signed up for Uber or other rideshare and delivery gigs yet, we recommend doing so ASAP! Their background check process can take time to complete, the quicker you sign up, the faster you’ll be able to rent, drive, and earn.
Here are a few gigs we recommend:
Here’s our step by step guide to getting you out on the road and making money. You’ll be renting a car in no time.
Things You Should Know First
You may be asking yourself “Why use HyreCar to rent out a car instead of other renting/leasing services?” Here’s why:
- No long-term contracts! We make the process as easy as possible for you.
- Want to try Uber but but don’t want to commit to a lease? We do daily car rentals. Try ridesharing for 2 days and see if you like it. If you don’t, return the car, no problem!
- There’s a huge variety of cars to pick from. Whether you want to drive for Uber Black, X, SUV, or any of the other tiers of ridesharing.
- It’s a free marketplace. The prices are decided by the car owners, not us. Car owners compete against each other for your business, this naturally brings the price down for you.
- Insurance is already built into the total price, so you don’t have to worry about that. We take care of everything for you. Just click the book button and you are good to go.
- Other rental companies cap the miles you can drive far too low. In response, most owners offer unlimited mileage. This means you will be able to drive for an extra long shift and make even more money without having to worry about paying tons of extra fees.
Step by Step Instructions for Renting a Car for Uber and other Rideshare/Delivery Gigs:
Note: It is highly advised that you get approved by a rideshare or delivery company like Uber before you attempt to rent one of our vehicles. Their background check process can take up to a week or more. Make sure you are an official driver for one or more gigs before requesting to book a car. Otherwise, you will have rented the car and will not be able to make any money from it.
Step 1. Account Activation
If this is your first time renting, you will be asked to complete a one-time (free) background check to activate your account. This process typically takes 24-48 hours to complete.
Step 2: Choose a Car
1. Download our app or visit HyreCar.com to sign up for free. You’ll notice it’s easy to navigate and we have plenty of options.
2. Select a car that works best for your needs
3. Click “Book Now”
4. Put in the dates you would like to book the car. Remember, we require you to book for at least 2 days.
Once you decide on a car, you’ll fill out your payment information. Please note that any driver renting in Arizona, New York, Texas, Nevada and California will be charged a refundable $99 deposit.
Step 3: Meet the Owner
Once we’ve verified your account, your rental request will automatically go to the car owner. When the car owner accepts your request, you will be charged. Once your rental request is accepted, HyreCar will send you three documents that you’re required to upload to your Uber or other gig accounts. This includes: vehicle registration, the vehicle’s 19-point inspection report, and your HyreCar-issued insurance.
This is also when you will want to contact the car owner and schedule a meeting time and place so you can pick up the car.
When you meet with the owner, take pictures of the car and take note of any existing damage—even dents or scratches! We don’t want you to get blamed for damages you didn’t do.
Step 4: Drive and Earn!
Hit the road and earn with any gig you are approved to drive with. When your rental time is up, you’ve got two options – either extend your rental or return it.
Extending the rental is a piece of cake. Just go to your current rental in the HyreCar app or website and click the “extend” button. You can choose a daily, weekly, or monthly rental extension. It’s totally up to you. Your insurance gets automatically extended for the amount of time you select, so you can concentrate on making money!
As you can see, the process to rent a qualified car for Uber or other gigs is simple.
We’re ready to help you get on the road so you can crush your financial goals as soon as you are.
Click HERE to get signed up with HyreCar and find your perfect rideshare or delivery car.