Are you looking to start driving for a ridesharing company like Uber or Lyft, but don’t have a car to use? That’s a problem that we have a solution to. With HyreCar we make it extremely easy to rent a car for Uber or Lyft and start driving today.
Note: if you haven’t signed up to Uber yet do this ASAP! Their background check process can take time to complete, the quicker you sign up, the better.
Here’s our step by step guide to getting you out on the road and making money. You’ll be renting a car in no time.
Things You Should Know First
You may be asking yourself “Why use HyreCar to rent out a car instead of other renting/leasing service?” Here’s why:
- No contracts! We make the process as easy as possible for you. Just head to our marketplace, click book and you’re good to go.
- Want to try Uber out but don’t want to commit to a lease? We do daily car rentals. Try ridesharing for 2 days and see if you like it. If you don’t, return the car, no problem! We’re not looking to lock you into a restrictive and borderline scam like lease like our competitors.
- There’s a huge variety of cars to pick from. Whether you want to drive for Uber black, X, SUV, or any of the other tiers of ridesharing.
- It’s a free marketplace. The prices are decided by the car owners, not us. Car owners compete against each other for your business, this naturally brings the price down for you.
- Insurance is already built into the total price, so you don’t have to worry about that. We take care of everything for you. Just click the book button and you are good to go. For more info about our insurance policy, see here
- Our insurance covers you completely in case of an accident.
- Other rental companies cap the miles you can drive far too low. In response, we’ve doubled the miles cap. This means you will be able to drive for an extra long shift and make even more money without having to worry about paying tons of extra fees.
Step by Step Instructions for renting a car for Uber / Lyft:
Note: It is highly advised that you get approved by a ride sharing company like Uber and Lyft before you attempt to rent one of our vehicles. Their background check process can take up to a week or more. Make sure you are an official driver for one of these companies before requesting to book a car. Otherwise, you will have rented the car and will not be able to make any money from it. Sign up now for Uber by clicking this link.
Step 1: Choose a car
1. Go to our marketplace by visiting HyreCar.com. You’ll notice it’s easy to navigate and we have plenty of options. It should look like the above image.
2. Pick a car! Whichever car best works for you, we have it!
3. Click “Book Now”
4. Put in the dates you would like to book the car. Remember, we require you to book for at least 2 days.
Here’s a tip: Look for car owners that are labelled as “highly responsive owners” and if there are none then find a car that’s been rented within the past week. We want to guarantee you are renting a car from a responsive and motivated person also looking to make money from their car.
Step 2: Deposit and Uber Connection
Put in your payment information. If you use a debit card there is a refundable $200 deposit required. This is to protect our car owners. If you want to avoid the deposit please use a credit card. You will not be charged until the car owner accepts your booking request.
If this is your first time renting, you will be asked to connect your Uber account. When you connect your Uber account you can check mileage, revenue, and profits easily to make sure that your rental is making you enough money to make it worth it. We will also be using the Uber connection to verify that you are an approved Uber driver.
Once we’ve verified your Uber account, your booking request will automatically go to the car owner. When the car owner accepts your request, you will be charged.
Step 4: Pick Your Car Up
Now for the fun part. Let’s start earning in 3 steps:
Step 1 – Communicate
Contact the car owner and schedule a meeting time and place so you can pick up the car.
Note: Insurance will be generated for you up to 24 hours before the pickup time.
Upload your insurance and registration to Uber / Lyft as soon as you receive them (We typically send these out 24 hours before rental period)
– Ask your car owner for the 19-point inspection of the car.
If they don’t have it, ask HyreCar to find a certified mechanic around you.
Step 2 – Make sure there is no damage
Meet up with your car owner and take pictures of any damage—even dents or scratches! We don’t want you to get blamed for damages you didn’t do.
Step 3 – The Pickup
If the car has already had a 19 point inspection done, then you are ready to get on the road! If you’re not sure about this just ask the owner. If the car still needs the inspection, go to any mechanic and you can get it done in 30 minutes. Once done, submit to Uber and Lyft and you’re good to go!
Step 4: Extending your rental / returning the car
When your booking period is complete, you have two options – either extend your rental or return the car.
To extend the rental log into your driver dashboard, click on your car and click “extend”. You will be automatically billed. Your insurance will be extended and you will be good to go! This takes all of 5 seconds of your time.
If you’ve decided ride sharing isn’t for you, or you just need to take a few days off, return the car to the owner at the end of your rental period.
How much does it cost to rent a car for Lyft or Uber?
As stated above, the prices are decided by the car owners, not by Hyrecar. Car owners compete against each other for your business which reduces prices for you.
EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: Make sure to click “confirm dropoff” on the app or website.. If you don’t do this you will get charged late fees. The car owner must also click “confirm dropoff”, it is in your best interest to confirm with the owner that they have clicked this.
After a few weeks of driving using HyreCar, you will start having options.
Options available to you that just weren’t there before.
Want to finally buy yourself a new car and ditch HyreCar? Now you can.
Want to go on that vacation you’ve always wanted to? Return the car and go! You’re not locked into any contracts!
Want to get there even quicker? Check out our insiders guide to maximizing your revenue. Time = money and this guide will help you make more money in less time.
Welcome to the ridesharing revolution.